1. CarMD Values Your Privacy
Any and all information collected at this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, rented, loaned, or otherwise disclosed to any outside third-party. Any and all information provided by you will be held with the utmost care and to further our ability to help you with current and future vehicle health issues.
2. Collection of Personal Information
Several sections of the CarMD.com website request and collect personal identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. The provided information will only be used to provide you with any and all requested information and will NOT be sold, reused, rented, loaned, or otherwise disclosed without your written authorization.
We also collect other aggregated information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with our systems and ensure the safety and security of our customers and website visitors. During your visit we monitor your experience by collecting additional data, including: duration of visit, web browser type and version, operating system, referring sites, type of product used, and other web browsing behaviors and statistics. This information is exclusively used internally for system improvements and to better serve our visitors.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
All the personal identifiable information and related information provided by you will only be used as authorized by you. This information will NOT be shared with third parties for commercial purposes. The consented information provided by you can and may be used in the following ways:
- To ensure a safe and secure web browsing experience
- To improve the content and service of our website
- To improve our product and brand experience
- To support customer questions regarding any of the products offered in this website
- To alert you of new products, special offers and other information related to car repair and maintenance
- To service our accounts
- As part of generalized statistical analysis for the CarMD® Vehicle Health Index™
- If you are a registered member, you have the right to modify all personal information provided by logging into your account or by directly contacting us. (See below for contact information)
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by an Internet web server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
5. Web Server Security Practices
All information collected by our server is protected through a 128-bit encryption firewall, which prevents outside visitors to collect any information about you. Internally, the information is redirected and stored in a secure and isolated server that is only accessible by authorized personnel.
CarMD.com offers some services that allow you to record and store information in a password-protected area, such as CarMD Login. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your CarMD.com passwords or accounts. You grant CarMD and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Site the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Site. CarMD.com Corp. does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit.