Call Center Supervisor
The function of a Call Center Customer Service Supervisor is to plan, supervise and perform tasks that address customers’ and end-users’ technical needs. A Call Center Customer Service Supervisor will be successful when he/she is successful in:
- Delivering a high level of customer satisfaction to customers with questions, concerns or service needs for Equus, Innova or contracted Call Center customer products.
- Generating ideas for the development and implementation of the future Call Center, profitable Products and enhancements to existing products based on customer feedback and knowledge of the industry.
- Support both U.S. and Overseas efforts. This may be local, within the U.S. and Canada, or overseas.
- Other assignments as requested by Supervisor
- At least eight years experience in automotive industry with two years in management.
- Automotive Technology Degree, related field or ASE Certified (A1, A6, A8 and L1) Master Tech preferred.
- Ability to plan and organize day/week around multiple productive activities.
- Ability to accomplish tasks through the management of others.
- Basic proficiency with MS Office and Internet applications.
- The Call Center Customer Service Supervisor reports to the Director of Technical Services.
- The Call Center Customer Service Technicians report to the Call Center Customer Service Supervisor.
The following are principal authorities granted to the Call Center Customer Service Supervisor:
- Exercise the responsibilities and perform the duties of this position. This includes full decision-making authority for all responsibilities and duties managed within the guidelines of the job description.
The following are principal responsibilities of the Call Center Customer Service Supervisor:
Ensure Call Center Customer Service Technicians perform all duties including the following:
- Deliver a high level of customer satisfaction by answering phone calls and emails, providing effective resolutions to customer issues and recording all information regarding the contact.
- Perform warranty and non-warranty repairs and services.
- Generate new product ideas or improvements for existing products based on knowledge of the automotive aftermarket and review of CSR trends.
- Provide timely, accurate market feasibility information to assist the Marketing Department in assessing the value of a potential new product.
The following are principal duties of the Call Center Customer Service Supervisor:
Manage Performance of Call Center Customer Service Personnel
- Work with the Director of Technical Services to set goals and monitor progress towards the achievement of those goals with Call Center Customer Service Technicians.
- Complete semi-annual performance reviews of all direct subordinates and update their job descriptions and recommend salary changes.
- Monitor customer calls with Call Center Customer Service Technicians to evaluate customer-handling skills.
- Meet with each Call Center Customer Service Technician monthly to review activity and to develop an understanding of progress. Review with Director of Technical Services.
- Identify departmental employee skill-set deficiencies and direct creation of action plans to improve these skills. Provide hands-on training to bridge certain skill deficiencies.
- Answer phone calls from end users with product questions and concerns.
- Log all customer calls in the CSR system including vehicle, customer and product information.
- Provide technical support to help resolve the customer’s concern and follow up when necessary to ensure resolution.
- Respond to incoming email and phone messages from customers.
- Direct customers to retailers carrying the company’s products whenever possible. Place orders through the e-commerce website when retail outlet is not available or customer chooses not to utilize.
Perform Warranty and Non-Warranty Repairs and Service
- Receive item under warranty in mail and log the item in the Log In Register.
- Verify products are still under warranty.
- Test products, contacting customer if required to clarify problem. Perform repair and return existing product to customer or send new product.
- Service and repair DIS/EIM Testers.
- Complete CSR Form 4QF09-01 Rev 4.03.02 ISO doc IN751P to document calls and repairs
Generate New Product Ideas or Improvements for Existing Products
- Maintain knowledge of the automotive aftermarket, technical advances and competitive trends.
- Review Customer Complaint Analysis report and other reports from the CSR system for potential new product ideas.
- Write proposal documenting any new product ideas, targeted customer and the reason why this product is needed in the market.
- Provide feedback to IDW department, IT and Marketing regarding items that customers would like to be added to all websites.
- Review new product drawings and models. Provide feedback to Director of Technical Services and any recommended changes.
- Report any product issues apparent from CSR data to the Director of Technical Services for review with QC, Purchasing and/or vendors.
Provide Market Feasibility Information
- Receive assignment from Director of Technical Services to generate vehicle application data for proposed new product.
- Research vehicle data and enter application information into a database.
- Summarize data to allow Marketing to evaluate the range of vehicles the proposed product would cover, the degree of complexity required and the market potential for the product. Respond to questions as required.
- Review CSR database to identify any trends in customer feedback that would support a given proposed new product.
Call Center Operations
- Process, collect and file office paperwork.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles as directed by management.
- Attend meetings to discuss various projects, devise a course of action and review results with management.
- Perform additional technical support duties as assigned by Director of Technical Services.
Measures of Performance
The following will be used to evaluate the performance of the Call Center Customer Service Supervisor:
- Effectiveness of Call Center solutions based of customer and market input and the ability to generate income for Call Center self-suffiency.
- Respond to customer phone calls, emails and service or warranty requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction as measured by the ISO survey.
- Provide proposals for new products or enhancements to existing products that result in sales and profits at targeted levels.
- Act as a team player and promote cooperation across departments.